- United States
CRS Road Assist Editions
You are here
What's CRS Road Assist?
Due to the increasing number of vehicles with modern vehicle technology and alternative propulsion systems, not only the rescue workers but also road assistance and towing services benefit from specific vehicle information that will allow them to assist quickly and safely.
The Solution: Vehicle database for the Roadside Assistance
To response to this challenge, Moditech Rescue Solutions BV started with the construction of a special database for the Roadside Assistance and towing services in 2012: the Crash Recovery System Road Assist Edition. This edition incorporates:
- All relevant information for roadside assisters, including the latest technology (electric and hybrid vehicles)
- The database contains all passenger cars and vans introduced since 2007
- The interactive top and side view show all relevant items such as the battery, tow hook, (electrical) parking brake and locations such as the fuse box in one overview
- In case of a hybrid or electric vehicle, the roadside assister is notified immediately with deactivation procedures after selection of the vehicle
- Additional information can be easily accessed by clicking on the various components in the diagram
The CRS Road Assist Edition is available in 19 languages equipped with our European database. With this development, digital vehicle information has become available for an important other member of the emergency services besides the rescue workers: the roadside assisters.
This is the interactive CRS graphic of the Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid
Benefits of the CRS Road Assist
Quick and easy to operate
- Vehicle selection manually or automatically after entering the license plate number or VIN (automated vehicle selection only in certain countries.)
- Consistent and easy to understand technical information about all relevant vehicle components for roadside assisters.
- Clearly organized graphics show the exact location of all components that are important for roadside assisters (electric parking brake, recovery, towing, on-Board-Diagnose etc).
- Detailed background information, deactivation procedures and images of components are displayed after just a couple of clicks.
Saves valuable time
- No time is wasted scanning the vehicle for the locations of potentially dangerous components.
- Deactivation instructions enable quick elimination of all possible hazards and avoids damaging the vehicle.
- Roadside assisters can focus on their main objective: recovery and towing.
- Information about locations and deactivation procedures of potentially dangerous components makes it possible to work safely. Lower risk for roadside assisters.
- Can be used on all incidents involving automobiles (e.g. vehicle accidents, vehiclefires).
Complete and up to date
- Databases contain all mass-production vehicles equipped with (optional) airbags.
- Database for Europe.
- Always up to date. Updates for Software and Databases can be easily downloaded from the internet.
- Software can run on virtually every modern windows PC, specially developed for use on Tablet PCs (Windows, Android, Apple) with touch screen.
- Low system requirements: can also be used on older PCs.
- Multiplatform as a result of which the software is available on hardware to choice of the customer.
- Available in 19 different languages.
- Special solutions for specific user requirements (control room, vehicle fleets) are available.
Languages & databases
The Crash Recovery System includes 19 different languages, which can easily be changed.
- Europe (left-hand-drive)
All mass-production vehicles (passenger cars) with at least one optional airbag or alternative propulsion system.
All relevant information is available for roadside assisters
CRS Road Assist contains information about tow hooks.
Where to find the Service/Emergency disconnect switch? This image shows the exact location.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.